söndag, mars 20, 2005

The New Showtime

So, I was watching "The 'L' Word" on Showtime tonight. A show that has quickly become a show that we weekly have friends over to watch. So, the show ends with a pretty hot lesbian sex scene. Standard really. So, we are waiting for next week scenes, and immediately following that is the ad for the upcoming release of, the musical adaptation of the 1936 cult classic "Reefer Madness." Yes, seriously, starring the delightfully queer Alan Cummings. Link here. Now I'm thinking wow, Showtime is going all controversial.

Then comes an ad for the next season for "Queer as Folk." The biggest gay show on tv. With the wonderfully explicit man on man sex scenes. (And it is great to see Sharon Gless, she rocks even if the imdb photo sucks) Now I'm thinking, "man, the religious right must really dislike Showtime. So what's next you may ask, no not another "Fat Actress" spot. No, it is an ad for the upcoming comedy series "Weeds" starring Mary Louise Parker. In it MLP plays a single mother who makes ends meet by selling marijuana in suburban Los Angeles. Then there was the requisite commercial for "Fat Actress."

So what does all this sinful behavior get us, besides a whole lot of great tv? I'm not sure but I love it. Gluttony, sodomy, drugs..... Mmmm tasty. To top it all off, we picked an episode of "Penn and Teller: Bullshit" the episode about sex, touching up on such topics as aphrodisiacs, penis enlargers, and shots of "The Puppetry of the Penis. " Which got our friends to leave pretty damn quickly at that point. Cocks should never be used in the ways those two men did, shudder. And the folks in the audience. Did you really pay money to se men play with themselves? I remember when it cam through the bay area, it sold out and they added more shows. People come on now. Give me fifty bucks and I'll tie my penis in bow. (seriously i could use the money) (not)

3 Comments:

At 9:06 fm, Blogger Pannyxeos said...

Yeah, and to top it all off, the guys were tremendously ugly. I would rather pay these guys to keep their damn clothes on. Shudder.

 
At 12:03 fm, Blogger Busty Wilde said...

Are they British? If so, that would explain a lot.

And I happened to like that episode and wanted to finish watching it...I'll just have to watch it sometime when I'm alone. How convenient.

 
At 8:14 fm, Blogger Pannyxeos said...

They are actually Australian, I believe.

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home