tisdag, mars 15, 2005

Highway Stories

So, on my way to work I was almost in a car accident, and not just this morning, but yesterday morning as well. Yesterday, I was taking the exit for the 24 from the 580, and the car ahead of the car in front of me shot over from the left lane to the middle lane as if he wanted to go to SF (like all those other stupid bastards who don't realize until the last second that they are about to go towards Walnut Creek), but all of a sudden he shoots to the left this time. This of course causes the car in front of us to slam on their breaks, which in turn caused us to swerve around the car in front of us. Then as we are passing the original swerving car, their from right wheel flies off and continues rolling down the highway right next to our car. It was pretty crazy.
Today's almost accident wasn't nearly as amusing. It happened in almost the same place, which makes sense because that is the small part of the highway that we actually get onto to drive to work. It was caused by stupid people who can't merge. (Really people is it all that hard?!?)

On to other topics. I watched Fat Actress last night, and it was much better than the first episode. However, about two thirds of the way through, there was this voice over telling us that if we missed any of the show it would be on again later. Now this show is on HBO or Showtime, so their are now commercials. The voice over just popped out of nowhere during the actual show drowning out the characters. I was a little confused to tell the truth.

Oh, and the pictures. They are just some of the places of gone hiking recently. I think that my favorite was the most recent one, Huckleberry Natural Preserve. It was absolutely gorgeous. There were a lot of plants in bloom. (I especially like that pink hanging flower of the currant, splendid) The manzanita barron at the top of the hill was the perfect place to light up a nice fat bowl. (No shagbark, though) Anywho, I wonder where we will go next week? I'm thinking Redwoods. Suggestions?