måndag, juni 28, 2004

Up until I read this article, I had thought that Canadians were just getting a bad rap

Now I guess they really are just a bit slower than Americans, which is saying quite a lot.



Voters Urged Not to Eat Their Ballots


Monday, June 28, 2004 12:03 p.m. ET


VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Canadians went to the polls in a federal election on Monday with a firm warning from election officials: Please do not eat your ballots.

"Eating a ballot, not returning it or otherwise destroying or defacing it constitutes a serious breach of the Canada Elections Act," Elections Canada warns on its Internet site.

The issue was of sufficient concern to warrant inclusion in the site's "Frequency asked Questions" section, above answers to such inquiries as "Why should I vote?" and "Am I registered?"

Three Alberta men were charged with eating their paper ballots during Canada's last federal election, in 2000. The members of the Edible Ballot Society were protesting against what they said was a lack of real choice among candidates.


1 Comments:

At 12:00 fm, Blogger Busty Wilde said...

I would definitely eat my ballot to protest voting for Bush, I'll tell you that much...

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home