måndag, januari 23, 2006

More Coachella Rumors


I am absolutely dying in anticipation for the official release of the 2006 lineup, but rumors will have to do for now.
First is the sad fact that Morrissey definitely won't be there. He will be touring of in Europe some where if I remember correctly. While that sucks, there are still acts that get me more excited that might be there.
There is an addition to my rumored list that would fucking rock. My Bloody Valentine. Now, I don't know how much faith to put in the idea, but I wouldn't miss a MBV reunion. Only problem with this idea that I foresee is that they aren't that well known to be the headlining retro act, ala The Pixies, Siouxsie, Bauhaus, or New Order. Even though they are much better than both Bauhas and New Order.
I think that NME may have got the scoop that The Smashing Pumpkins will be reuniting to headline one of the days. Billy Corgan must be dying to see his name in headlines again. He has got such a frelling big head. And they might be using their second bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur, who I believed was also in Hole. I would rather they used D'arcy, but it is cool either way.
I think some other acts that seem to be confirmed rather than just speculated on include Depeche Mode, Coldcut, and Paul Oakenfold. Again though, how the fuck would I know?