tisdag, januari 17, 2006

The Golden Globes


I was pleasantly surprised this morning to discover that Phillip Seymour Hoffman had won the golden globe for best actor in a dramatic film. I was dreading the idea that Heath Ledger might win for his lackluster performance in The Gay Cowboy Movie, oh wait I mean Brokeback Mountain (Yawn...). The second highlight of the night had to have been when Mary-Louise Parker beat out all those desperate bitches from that housewives show for best actress in a comedy. The casts, crews and staff of various shows got a lot of kudos from the stage, but only Mary-Louise Parker thought to add, "I just want to make out with all of you." I absolutely adore that show Weeds and the star, M-LP. Hey, does anybody know when the next season starts.

Not that I actually watched the show, I was too busy biting my nails, flipping back and forth between the various news channels seeing what is next with the IAEA Iran stand-off, and reading The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. It is the beginning of the War in the Middle East: Part Three The Iranian Connection.