måndag, januari 23, 2006

What is up with Coke?

No not cocaine. Coca-Cola, and the answer is quite a bit. Below is the new and old Cherry Coke labels. Not that it matters at all, but I like the new label. Not that the old one bothered me in any way, it is a label after all, but I like the new aesthetic.

Old Cherry Coke Design
New Cherry Coke Design

Along with redesigning their labels , they are changing their lineup as well. First, they've introduced Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. Which is just as disturbing as all of Coke's vanilla drinks. The nasty syrup vanilla taste just completely covers up any trace of the black cherry flavor. The 20oz. I got this label from is still sitting in my fridge waiting for someone to drink it. Someone at my work said that the drink was racist because the white vanilla overpowers the black cherry. I found that to be amusing.


In addition to introduction of Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, the powers that be have decided that over the next year they will phase out their diet coke with lime, vanilla coke, and diet vanilla coke. They all sucked so it doesn't bother me at all. I think my addiction to cherry coke must come to end an end soon. There is something about the year of the dog that seems to be telling me to give it up. I wonder.