tisdag, februari 08, 2005

That was the end of the optimism epidemic

Work. I could probably go off for hours on my job. Insurance companies can't do their job. My fellow employees can't do their jobs. So, what do I spend my time at work doing you may ask. Fixing other peoples mistakes. I would say that I spend about 70% of my time doing just that. While at first it wasn't an issue, they have now decided that I need to more work. When they first approached me to do what a volunteer had been doing, I said ok. That was only because when they had explained what I would be doing, it didn't seem like it would take more than half a day a month. I was wrong, horribly wrong. It is closer to a day a week. Grrr.... And why am I now responsible for this other person's work? Because they were making hella mistakes. So, I now must correct mistakes that the volunteer has been making for the last eight months. Eight months!!! This was never even hinted at when I they initially explained to me the new duties. I am becoming very jaded about my workplace. Growl.

Now, I almost didn't want to rant about my job. I just read an article about how people were being fired over there blogs, even if they didn't specify where they worked. I figured that since I never mention my name, that I will be safe. Hopefully this is true, and I haven't really mentioned anything to get fired over (knock on wood). So, hopefully it will all be ok.

Has anybody heard anything about The Wind-up Bird Chronicles? I was thinking about buying it, since my local library doesn't carry it.