fredag, februari 11, 2005

The lake's prophecies

Aren't Fridays supposed to not suck? That was the question I repeated to myself over and over again at work. Not that work itself sucked, it was actually a pretty chill day. I finished a lot of projects, and I was able to start a whole host of others. Still I found my opening question becoming my own personal mantra of the day. What are you going to do? Well, other than smoking as soon as I got home. Actually, I smoked before that and when I walked in my front door. Still the feeling remains.

And if things weren't distressing enough, health officials think they have confirmed a case of highly drug-resistance HIV. The man seems to have contracted a strain of HIV that is "difficult or impossible to treat and which appears to progress rapidly to AIDS." Korea supposedly now has nuclear weapons capable of reaching the US. What a wonderful day.

Things aren't all bad though. As I've mentioned previously, I'm going hiking in the Muir Woods and visiting the beach this Sunday. Hopefully, the weather won't be too bad. Saturday I'm heading to the city for the day and probably stay to do something in the evening. Dinner is ready! Check you laters