söndag, februari 13, 2005

Exhaustion

That is the state I'm in currently. My boys even worse, and he passed out on the couch an hour ago or so. Our little excursion ended up being on the top of Mt. Diablo. Foggy, wet, and windy. Those words best describe our adventure. I had a lot of fun until I realized we were on the wrong trail heading back down. We took the Juniper trail up to the summit, and then proceeded on to the summit trail for our trek down the mountain only to somehow end up on the north gate trail. Two miles or of our way. Making the total of our trip to just under 7 miles. We weren't able to see any of the dazzling vistas, but the various shades of green were spectacular. I think the fog actually made the greens more vibrant. At one point, though, I thought we were walking down into a gargantuan rain storm. That was when we figured out we were on the wrong trail. At the time I thought well at least we are going back up out of the rain, but at the end I think my legs would have preferred that we got soaked.